You will go over the holy places of Kyiv
- Discover the majesty and beauty of the Convent of the Patronage of the Mother of God, Kytaevo, Feofaniya and Tserkovschina.
- Convent of the Patronage of the Mother of God is an architectural monument of the XIX century. It was built on the money of Princess Alexandra Petrovna Romanova. The designe was projected with the great architect Vladimir Nikolayev. During two decades on the territory of shrine there has been erected many buildings, starting from churches to free hospitals and pharmacies. Your eyes rest when looking at it. It is a peaceful and sacred place which is worth visiting.
- Be inspired by the pristine wilderness and clear ponds, which are on the territory of the natural boundaries of Kitaevo. Knowledgeable guides will tell you about the remains of a fortress of IX-X centuries, which was on the Kytay-mountain and monastic cave cell, which come from the ancient Russian state time.
- On the territory of picturesque Feofaniya is St. Panteleimon’s Cathedral. Exterior construction attracts and impresses with its grandeur. The interior of the monastery and its shrines involuntarily make us hold our breath and admire the interior.
- Visit Tserkovschina – tract of great beauty with the huge old trees and deep and cold ponds that delight the eye. Here there have been preserved the caves of Gniletskii monastery, which belongs to the XI-XII centuries. St. Nicholas Church, God’s mother’s wellspring of refreshing and delicious water, grave of Vladimir Dobronravov, the doctor of medical sciences, and many other interesting.
Information about your guide
Ordering this tour, you will be guided by a welcome, professional and dynamic person, who presents information in the most comprehensible way. This is a person who loves and knows the city of Kyiv inside out. He or she will recommend you the sightseeing attractions to visit in future, suggest the location of museums, theatres, entertainment centers, shops etc. Also don’t worry about all technical issues that may appear during the excursion, those are bathrooms, restaurants etc.
* Additional places of interest can be also included in this route. It may be discussed with your quide during excursion or with our manager by phone.
Feel comfortable with us
Guide’s tips as for the markets or shops.
Guide’s tips as for the restaurants.
50 UAH discount for a disabled person.
Guide’s tips as for museums.
Special thing about this private tour
- The quide will conduct excursion individually for you or for your company.
- You have an opportunity to make changes to your route.
- You set the convenient time and place of starting and ending of the excursion.
- You set the duration of the tour.
- You can include into the excursion program visiting museums, restaurants or othe interesting places.
|Price for the driving tour (3-hours)||Ukr/Rus||Eng||Ger, Fr and other.|
|car (1-3 ps)||2500 / 3150* grn||2750 / 3200* grn||2950 / 3600* grn|
|minibus (4-6 ps)||2950 / 3450* grn||3250 / 3700* grn||3400 / 3900* grn|
|minibus (7-15 ps)||3050 / 4000* grn||3400 / 4250* grn||3700 / 4450* grn|
|bus (16-25 ps)||3750 grn||3950 grn||4100 grn|
|bus (28-44 ps)||4600 grn||4800 grn||5000 grn|
* - price for business class auto
|Price for the walking tour (3-hours)||Ukr/Rus||Eng||Ger, Fr and others.|
|1-15 ps||1400 grn||1800 grn||1900 grn|
|16-30 ps||1650 grn||1950 grn||2150 grn|
A Bit of History
This driving excursion is an opportunity to visit the monasteries of Kiev. The driving tour to the monasteries of Kiev runs through four stages: visit to Convent of the Patronage of the Mother of God, Kytaevo, Feofaniya and Tserkovschina.
Kytaevo is a historical district on the outskirts of Kiev. The name comes probably from the Turkic word “Kytay”(China) which means fortification, fortress. Ordering this driving tour, you will see the remains of the city of 9-10 cc., fortifications and cave cells of the Kievan Rus which have preserved in Kitaevo. In the 14th century in Kitaevo there was created the cave monastery, which has been subordinate from the 17th century to Kiev-Pechersk Lavra – the so-called Kitaevskaya deserts. In 1763-68 years here there was built Trinity Church by the architect Kovnir S.D. Over time, the cells and the bell tower were built here, which have not survived till now.
The next stop of the driving tour is Feofaniya. In the 17th century this fascinating area was called Shahravschina, but later the name Lazarevschina was approved. In the late 18th century the area belonged to St. Sophia monastery. The current name comes from the name of the first Kiev Bishop Theophan (Shiyan), who had received this area for a summerhouse. In 1806 on this place there was built St. Michael’s Church and a country residence by him. Since the 60 -ies Feofaniya has belonged to St. Michael’s Monastery; monks ‘ cells, metropolitan house, frater, hotel for pilgrims were built there. Ukrainian baroque forms dominated in the architecture of these buildings. Not far from Feofaniya there are remains of ancient Serpent’s Wall. In 1972 tract “Feofaniya” was announced as a park-monument. Since 1992 it has the status of the memo-park of the park and garden art of national-level importance.
Driving tour continues in the ancient tract called Tserkovschina. At Tserkovschina in Kievan Rus time, the was built Gniletsky monastery, once mentioned by Nestor the Chronicler. In Tserkovschina the Pirogov caves of the monastery have been preserved. In 1835 one of the caves – Feodosievskaya, was open to the public. There are churches, cells and table tomb in the caves.
The driving tour continues with Goloseevo (The name is after the Ukrainian word “to keen”). In the 18th century on an empty land a park was laid. It was the reason to call this countryside Goloseevo. But according to another version, this place was named after the women keens during the invasion of Batu. In 1631 the Metropolitan of Kyiv Petro Mohyla founded a monastery in this area (so-called deserts) in the name of the Great Martyr John the New, Sochavskii and founded country small monastery of Lavra. In 1845 St. Ilaret who particularly liked this desert, built a stone church with two chapels: of Three Saints and of John Sochavskii. In 1910 – 1912 a stone church was built in honor of icon of the Mother of God “Life-giving spring”.